Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jumping the... er... Flying the Shark

shark1

I have been cleaning out my house preparing to move, and I came across this old helium shark blimp in one of my boxes. It is actually radio controlled, though I have no idea where the controller part is (probably in another box somewhere). I decided to set it free.

I pumped it full of helium from an old helium tank also among the junk in the garage (everyone has a blimp shark and helium tank, right?), then let it sail.

shark2

It seemed to like pointing its nose upwards, I guess because it really wanted to fly as high as possible (swimming up toward the sun). After a bit, it was far enough away that it just looked like some fish flopping around in the sky. Totally normal.

shark3

shark4

shark5

Hopefully the folks in San Jose saw it flopping and flying away - and took it as a symbolic reference to the lost hope of the local hockey team this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment